MANAGING BUDGETING AND INDEPENDENCE
- Assistance with budgeting for food, bills, clothing, recreation etc.
- Assistance with welfare benefits, forms, bills, etc.
- Opening up a bank account
- Assistance with preparing shopping lists, shopping and preparing meals
- Understanding the importance of nutrition and hygiene
- Help with cleaning home/room, making bed, laundry, ironing etc.
- Prompting and guidance with daily personal hygiene routines
- Health & Safety advise on kitchen and home operating & maintaining kitchen equipment.
- Advise on fire safety, food hygiene and storage
- Support with developing life skills and confidence.
EDUCATION, EMPLOYMENT, ACTIVITIES
- Support and access to apprenticeships, training and education.
- We will help identify colleges, courses and employment opportunities.
- ADMAX Home staff will help assist you with completing application forms and CV’ and interview practise.
- Accessing recreational activities and clubs (sports/music/creative arts)
- Assistance with maintaining contact with family and friends.
- Gang awareness and intervention
- Support with engaging with services and agencies that help in substance or alcohol abuse
- Support in reducing risky behaviour and making positive choices.
SUPPORT FOR ASYLUM-SEEKING CHILDREN (UASC)
ADMAX Staff have experience in working alongside immigration lawyers and liaising with refuge councils. We support young people with any documentation that may require completion.
ADMAX Staff work with our young people to build a nurturing mentoring relationship that can empower them to not only set SMART goals; but to also make positive and strategic choices in order to help them progress on their pathway and achieve their goals with confidence and ready for any future challenges they may face.
OPTIONAL THERAPEUTIC SUPPORT
We offer all our young people access to professional therapeutic support, giving them a safe place to talk. Our support staff will travel with them to and from any sessions.