Social pedagogy is an approach to caring and supporting our young people which combines education and care, emphasising that caring and supporting young people is the shared responsibility of parents and society. A key principle is that the young person is in charge of his or her own life, and ADMAX staff work alongside them rather than dictating to them.
Social pedagogy is based on humanistic values stressing human dignity, mutual respect, trust, unconditional appreciation, and equality, to mention but a few. It is underpinned by a fundamental concept of children, young people and adults as equal human beings with rich and extraordinary potential and considers them competent, resourceful and active agents.
SOCIAL PEDAGOGY AIMS AT ADMAX HOME.
- Holistic education – education of head (cognitive knowledge), heart (emotional and spiritual learning), and hands (practical and physical skills).
- ADMAX HOME will support our young person to improve engagement with education and increased educational attainment, improved relationships with ADMAX staff and peers, therefore creating a higher sense of involvement and increased happiness and well-being.
- Holistic well-being – strengthening health-sustaining factors and providing support for young people to enjoy a long-lasting feeling of happiness.
- ADMAX HOME support our young people to empower themselves and be self-responsible persons who take responsibility for their society;
- To promote human welfare and prevent or ease social problems by supporting our young people to make informed choices and engage in positive activities.
- ADMAX staff make every effort towards improved well-being and motivation, better relationships with our young people, staff team and other professional groups by creating a sense of belonging, self-confidence, and a feeling of ownership as our young people are encouraged to be themselves, bring in their own interests and creativity. Thus, our young people are able to develop a higher levels of trust and autonomy, and an increased ability to reflect.
ADMAX HOME adopt a more positive, non-judgemental culture in the home, with the aim to increase sense of ownership for the home’s values and vision, improved communication with our young people, local authorities and other agencies.
Looking after each other
- Culture of nurturing
- Recognition of difference
- Appreciation of difference
- Non-judgemental attitudes
- Holistic care for each other as well as those we seek to work alongside.